Realtors & Lenders
PROGRAM UPDATE! - Note for those interested in becoming a participating lender: Florida Housing Finance Corporation would like to thank you for your interest in becoming an approved lender in our First Time Homebuyer Program. Effective July 30th, 2008, Florida Housing has instituted a once a year open enrollment policy for lenders interested in becoming approved to participate in our First Time Homebuyer Program.
Lender enrollment for 2010 is closed! Lenders interested in enrolling for 2011 may contact Natalyne Zanders at Natalyne.Zanders@floridahousing.org, or at 850-488-4197.
Great News for Lenders!
Florida Housing is Empowering You to Empower Others... A Win-Win Situation!
By Alleviating Barriers...
Nationwide, the single largest barrier to homeownership is lack of down payment funds. Florida Housing's First Time Homebuyer program features two down payment and closing cost assistance programs that provide borrowers greater access to homeownership opportunities.
- HAMI (up to $5,000)
- Florida Assist (up to $7,500)
Interested in becoming a participating lender*?
Participating Lenders of Florida Housing do the following:
- Serve as the point of contact for interested homebuyers
- Assist the borrower in determining their eligibility for the First Time Homebuyer Program
- Process the loan application
- Determine the mortgage, down payment and closing costs amounts
Close the mortgage loan
* Please see note above regarding lender applications for 2010.